Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Finally made it!

My first day in Zambia was very productive! I was able to exchange money on my own, food shop and buy SIM cards without assistance! Fortunately English is one of the official languages! We arrived in Sikalongo at about 7:40pm after a 4 hour drive which happened after the 3 flights totalling about 17 hours in the actual air not counting layovers. So it was a long trip to say the least. I am looking forward to meeting more people and going to town to shop at the market for vegetables on Wednesday and experience as much culture as I can. This is a short post because I am exhausted and basically only travelled today, well, yesterday. We are 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard time so it's 12:14am on Wednesday morning now, more to come tomorrow when I buy more data for my SIM card!

1 comment:

  1. I want pics!!!!! Be safe and tell my people's in tha motherland I say HEY!

    ReplyDelete