Wednesday, April 26, 2017

We are on Earth/blowing stuff up

We are on Earth/Blowing stuff up

Today I FINALLY had the chance to check out the site where the college is going to be, specifically, the administrative building. The administrative building will, initially, house the administrators (duh), a receptionist, a computer lab, and a library. I did some measurements for cable runs and tested the penetration of a wifi signal coming from a mifi just to get an idea of how well wifi will work. Tomorrow I will actually set up computers and try to trick a wireless router into becoming a bridge from a mifi to another wired router to a switch. Yeah, that's gonna be interesting.

So I blew up a printer today. Well it didn't blow up in a grand explosion, but I most certainly fried the circuit board. I used a plug adapter to plug it into the wall not remembering to check the voltage. My laptop and phone chargers automatically change the voltage, apparently the printer did not. I heard a loud POP and immediately rolled my eyes because I knew what had happened. I may be able to replace the fried part, but it was still irritating nonetheless.

Lastly. While seeing sunsets and just looking out into the sky without seeing buildings and structures I realized something. We are on the Planet Earth. When I look out onto the horizon, at certain points, I don't see any human modifications or structures for several miles. I see the planet that we are on. It's amazingly beautiful! WOW. We live on this giant spinning rock with a molten core that flies around a massive burning ball of gas that is swirling around the center of a galaxy, which is likely a black hole, that is also flying through the incredulous vastness of the universe!

1 comment: